“Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.”
Fulfilling Careers With d3hD3h believes that their hotels are just buildings without the amazing people that work within them. It is the people that create the “home experience” for their guests and for the staff.
At d3h, we value our employees and believe it is our responsibility to provide you with a positive and supportive work environment as well as comprehensive health benefits and performance incentives. As d3h cares and appreciates their staff, they in turn care and appreciate the guests. We are proud to give all of our employees the chance to grow, both personally and professionally, with a policy of promoting from within. D3h proudly walks hand in hand with employees on an amazing journey towards a rewarding career. Whether it be on the Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintenance or Management, d3h hotels treats each person as a member of our family. We encourage new ideas, input and feedback from our staff at all levels and encourage open communication between management and staff at each and every location. If you are an upbeat, friendly person who is passionate about providing exceptional service, we want to hear from you! Take a look through our current job opportunities and apply to a d3h hotel we are actively looking for gifted people to come along on an incredible journey with d3h Hotels.
TAKE A JOURNEY WITH D3H
Employee Discount CardEmployee Discount Card: Every employee at every hotel receives an Employee Discount Card, which entitles you to discounted rooms when you stay in any one of our d3h hotels. You will also benefit from discounts offered to employees when travelling within Canada and internationally.
d3h Incentive Programd3h Incentive Program: Developed and driven by our employees, this Incentive Program strives to help you succeed in your role within the d3h family by offering meaningful incentives. The incentive program assists our employees in creating goals and successfully reaching these goals.
Employee AppreciationEmployee Appreciation: Employee appreciation events are held in each city where our hotels operate. Each year our senior Leadership team has committed to celebrating and honouring the amazing d3h family members. This time is a time of reflection over all of the hard work from the previous year. Our company operates with a fundamental understanding that without these people, our hotels are just buildings.
D3H PLATINUM AWARDd3h Platinum Award: The d3h platinum award is a prestigious award given to three individuals across our company. The winners of the platinum award truly walk the walk. They have met or exceeded expectations via monthly evaluations. They have received peer recognition and have received guest feedback through comment cards, trip advisor and social media. The recipients of the yearly platinum award are entitled to choose one of three vacation packages, which include trips to Cancun, Cuba, Puerto Vallarta, Disneyland or Las Vegas.
Extended Health PlanAfter six months of employment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to each and every employee at all of our hotels. d3h pays half your monthly premiums and you pay the other half, with monthly premiums split between your regular, bi-weekly paycheques. Your extended health plan with d3h through The Co-operators includes:
- Extended Health Care: Vision, Pay Direct Drug Card, Chiropractor, Audiologist, Acupuncturist, Osteopath, Podiatrist, Massage Therapist, Naturopath, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Psychologist/Social Worker, Ambulance.
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Accidental Death, Disease and Dismemberment
Staff TestimonialsRead about some of our employees’ experiences at our d3h hotels and apply for your job with d3h:
- "I first came to HomeSuites because I was seeking summer employment. When I arrived, I was welcomed with open arms by all and felt like I was right at home. I work at the front desk, which I picked up on quickly and I continue to learn something new every day. I take pride in the work that I do, and I strive to do everything to the best of my ability. The management and staff are all so fantastic and they make coming to work a continuous pleasure. Everyone works incredibly well together as a team, using great communication with each other as to ensure that we can all do our jobs to our best abilities. What I didn't realize when I first started with d3h was that I would be wanting this job to go beyond being a summer job, to being something that I wished to continue when I returned to University. It has been and continues to be an honour being a part of the d3h family." - KATHLEEN, Guest Experience Representative
- "I have been an employee of d3h for two years, beginning as the weekend night auditor at the Days Inn before starting as a part time auditor at HomeSuites©. Between the two properties I am a permanent full time employee of d3h. I have worked in the hotel industry for over 25 years, all but four as a night auditor. I can honestly say that working for this company has been my best experience as a hotel employee. As a night auditor, I have seen from personal experience that people who don't like their jobs, tend not to stay. When employees don't like their job, guests pick up on this. However, because of how well d3h treats their employees, i.e. birthday lunches, this feeling is transferred into the quality of service we provide our guests. When staff is happy to be there, guests are happy to be there. In closing, I just want to say that I am proud to be part of the d3h family." - PETER, Night Auditor
Over the years I have met a lot of guests. I always strive for great guest services and the guests have been my number one priority.
I have worked with a great number of wonderful employees that are indelible on my mind. Some from Canada, England, Wales, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the Philippines. I look forward to coming to work and seeing the smiles on my co-workers’ faces. They all call me Momma Norma. We are diverse in our nationality thanks to d3h I can truly say “out of many, one culture”. - NORMA, Guest Experience Representative
- “I love working at d3h Hotels head office because of my family of co-workers. Everyone is so nice to and respectful of each other. We support each other in difficult times and we celebrate with each other in happy times.” - LINDA, Director of Administration
- “I have worked for d3h since 2006 starting at Days Inn Regina East. The last 10 years have been a wonderful and fulfilling experience as I worked my way up from being a Front Desk Agent to a General Manager. d3h has walked along side me in my journey through the years and have always provided the utmost support and knowledge. One of the unique opportunities that I have had is being a part of establishing the Home Hotels brand. The team of d3h there every step of the way and were there when I needed guidance opening a brand new hotel. d3h prides in being a family orientated company and encourages all staff to bring about the healthy balance of work and family as they truly care about everyone’s wellbeing. If you’re looking for a job you’ll love as much as I love mine, then you’ll love working for d3h.” - BIANCA, General Manager
- “In 2007, my journey began at the Days Inn Medicine Hat as a Front Desk Agent. D3h noticed something special in me and has really motivated me to reach my full potential. D3h provided many opportunities for me to advance, which allowed me to begin assisting in the opening of hotels. In 2010 I moved to Regina to assist with the opening of Days Inn Regina Airport West. Through my time with d3h, I soon realised that my passion was to work with our people. In 2015 I began working at the head office as an Employment Manager and I feel like I have found my true calling, ‘Because that is what a calling is. It lights you up and it lets you know that you are exactly where you’re supposed to be, doing exactly what you’re supposed to be dong.’ I I invite you to come and join the d3h family. Take a journey with us and see where the road will take you.” - JESSE, Employment Manager